Travelling With Your Family At Cape Tribulation
Travelling with your family at Cape Tribulation
Families and Children
Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Coast can offer children some exciting experiences:
- There are two ice-cream places which both make their own ice-cream in the Cow Bay area, and which are very popular with both children and adults.
- Whet Cafe Bar Restaurant offers quality kids meals for both lunch and dinner.
- There are many picnic tables scattered through the Daintree National Park.
- You can create a do-it-yourself ‘breakfast with the birds’ at Jindalba Visitor Centre, and there are coin in the slot BBQs at Dubuji.
- For cheap meals, Masons Cafe offers good quality burgers and fish and chips.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO
- Sea kayaking - children from 8 years who are confident in the water can participate.
- Daintree Discovery Centre - climb the 23m high Canopy Tower and Aerial Walkway.
- Boardwalks at Kulki and Dubuji, are pram friendly.
- Mason's Tours offer a two hour or half day walk which is OK for babies/toddlers if they are carried.
- Mason's 'Croc Spotting' nightwalk which is suitable for children 7 and over.
- Daintree Entomological Museum has one of the world’s largest collections of jungle bugs and butterflies
- Daintree River - take a cruise and see wildlife galore, spot crocodiles, frogs
- Go fishing, swimming, snorkelling, or beachcombing at Thornton Beach
- Find the treasure numbers on the Orange Rope Walk at Crocodylus.
- Swim at the swimming hole at Mason Shop.
- Spend a day at the beach at Kulki where the water is shallow, and the beach protected from the wind.
- Take advantage of the "Family Special Rates" to visit the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Discovery Centre
- Launch the boat or fish the beach at Cape Kimberley.
- Take advantage of special "Family Rates" at the Daintree Discovery Centre.
- Join a Mason's 1/2 Day 4WD tour on the Bloomfield Track to see the Bloomfield Falls and experience Aboriginal culture (baby seat available).
- See the rainforest canopy from a whole new perspective with Jungle Surfing - flying fox cables and tree platforms at Cape Tribulation. All ages from 3 to 103!